Many of our longtime patients first came to us seeking help for their damaged and missing teeth. Lenexa dental crowns and bridges are some of the best treatments we have to give our patients back their smiles. We can use these versatile dental restorations to help you:Dr Knight Talks about Crowns Read Transcript
If a patient is in need of a crown, it's usually because they've lost some portion of the tooth or the tooth has been compromised in some way, whether that's from a cavity or an existing filling that is starting to break down. So a crown really allows us the ability to restore the tooth in its entirety to full function, and it's done in a couple of appointments. We use our intraoral scanner, so we've moved away from those messy impressions, and the scanner allows us to get the digital impression, send it off to the lab, and then have the lab fabricate that crown for us, and then the patient will return and we can cement that crown in place.
- Eat and enjoy all your favorite foods you’ve been missing out on
- Smile with more confidence and boldness no matter what situation you’re in
- Improve your oral health and help prevent overall health concerns
- Talk more plainly so that others can understand you the first time
- Improve your overall self-esteem
- Look more attractive, healthier, and robust
If you’re ready to get a new smile, call us today at 913-251-9683. Second opinions are always free! We’re located at 8615 Rosehill Road, Suite 101 in Lenexa.
Enjoy Having Fully Functional Teeth Again
If you’re experiencing teeth that just don’t do what they should, or if they are missing altogether, then you’re definitely in the right place! We understand the daily hassles that an underperforming mouth can create in your life. Just as we have for countless others, we can help you get back a full mouth of healthy and fully functioning teeth using crowns or bridges.Dr Pierce Talks about Dental Crowns Read Transcript
As we get into dental crowns, obviously these help restore a patient's appearance and function by building up the tooth. Obviously, when we're doing a crown or talking about doing a crown on a tooth, it's because there has been some type of insult to that tooth. Either it's had previous decay, it's had previous fractures. There's something that's going on with that tooth that needs a full restoration on it.
In our office, what we can do is we can prep that tooth for a crown. We scan it digitally, and we send it electronically to the lab so that they can create that crown digitally through new technology. What that does, it gets us a better fit than what we had previously received from those goopy impressions that we used to put in people's mouths. The digital scanner has really changed the game for providing crown and bridge for patients because it allows us to give a better result and a quicker result for patients.
We’ll use a digital scanner to make the impressions needed to create your new restorations. Not only is this method more accurate than traditional impressions, but you also won’t have any goopy material in your mouth.
Below are a few of the crowns and bridges options we might use to rebuild your smile:
- Individual Crowns For Tooth Repair – We’ll have our lab partner craft you a beautiful new crown, usually made from porcelain or zirconia. It will completely cover your damaged tooth (or one repaired with root canal treatment) to strengthen and protect it against further damage.
- Fixed Dental Bridges – Your new bridge will anchor on either end to your existing teeth. Using one or more replacement teeth, it will fill in the gap left behind from missing teeth. You’ll be able to eat more comfortably and smile with more confidence again.
- Implant-Supported Crowns – Dental implants are prosthetic teeth roots that an oral surgeon will place in your jaw. If you have a single missing tooth, then we will attach a sturdy new crown to an individual implant. The finished product will look as natural as your other teeth and will restore virtually all your chewing capacity.
- Implant-Supported Bridges – While similar to standard fixed bridges, these restorations instead anchor to two or more dental implants. Just as with any implant restoration, the implants will strengthen your jawbone and prevent deterioration and possible changes in your facial structure.
- Inlays and Onlays – These restorations are used when a standard filling won’t work but a full crown is not required. An inlay bonds to the top of a tooth between the tips (cusps), while an onlay also extends onto the sides of a tooth.
Tired of living with bad teeth? Call us today at 913-251-9683 to schedule a consultation for dental crowns and bridges in Lenexa. Second opinions are free!