- We offer same-day appointments when possible
- We see patients after hours & on weekends
- Fast care will stop your pain and protect your smile
A dental emergency can occur at any time, usually when we least expect it. That’s why we offer same-day emergency appointments whenever possible. Call us now at 913-251-9683 if you’re hurting. With quick care from Pierce & Knight Family Dentistry, your Lenexa dental emergencies don’t have to wreck your smile! Our treatment will:Dr Knight Talks about Dental Emergencies Read Transcript
Dr Knight Talks about Dental Emergencies
Dr. Pierce and myself are always on call. We have our cell phones available to those patients of record that are part of our practice, and should an emergency come up, we are always available to our patients. I know I've had to come in on weekends for the occasional sports-related dental emergency or toothache, root canal, and that's part of the job, and we are there to serve our patients. So when that happens, we're here to help.
- Stop your pain and help you relax
- Repair dental damage and prevent further damage to your smile
- Offer you tips to help you avoid future emergencies
- Give you peace of mind about your overall oral health
Call us now at 913-251-9683 for a same-day appointment. If you’re an established patient, we can also accommodate you after hours and on weekends. We’re located at 8615 Rosehill Road, Suite 101 in Lenexa – just west of I-35 and the Lenexa police station.
Know What to Do in an Emergency
Regular dental cleanings and exams will go a long way toward helping prevent dental emergencies. However, many of our patients deal with emergency situations of one kind or another. It’s important to know what to do when you’re faced with a dental crisis. So, below we’ve listed several types of dental emergencies, along with important steps to take before you arrive at our office:
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Be careful to only touch the tooth by the crown (white part) – avoid touching the roots. Place the tooth in a container of milk, salt water, or saliva and bring it with you. We’ll try to save it if possible.
- Toothache – Rinse your mouth with warm water, then use an ice pack or cold compress on your jaw to help reduce any pain and swelling. A toothache can be a sign of an abscess (infection), so call us as soon as possible for an appointment.
- Loose Crown – Using a small amount of dental cement or toothpaste on the inside surface of the crown, try to reattach it if possible. If it won’t stay on, be sure to bring it to your appointment so we can put it back in place.
- Soft Tissue Injury – Use a small piece of gauze or a tea bag to stop any bleeding from your cheek, lips, gums, or tongue. If the bleeding doesn’t stop in a few minutes, go to the nearest emergency room or urgent treatment center.
- Broken Tooth – Retrieve any pieces of tooth and bring them with you. You can use an ice pack to help with swelling and pain.
Get fast help for your Lenexa dental emergencies! Call us now at 913-251-9683 to make a same-day appointment. If you have a non-emergency need or would like to schedule a visit for general dental care, you can request an appointment time online.