At Pierce & Knight Family Dentistry, we enjoy improving our patients’ smiles. To do so, we offer Lenexa restorative dentistry in a modern yet comfortable setting. Our dental restorations will help you:Bruce Talks about his Smile Restoration Read Transcript
Well, I've been coming here for, like I said, probably close to 20 years, and everything's been great. They clean good, maybe change out a old filling, make it look nicer, tell me the pros and cons of what they're doing. But what I learned was back in, well, between the summer of third and fourth grade, I ran into Chucky Schmidt's head on a Slip ’N Slide, and it damaged my teeth. The doctor got them straight, and then over the years, the tooth had died and had filled in. So I didn't need a root canal, but it was dead. And then Dr. Pierce notified me probably about three years ago that, ‘Hey, your body is determined that this tooth is dead. So it's getting rid of it by reabsorbing,’ and he goes, ‘It'll keep doing this until it falls out. So we should probably think about what we're going to do ahead of time.’
So after two years, I came back and say, ‘Let's pull it, let's do what we need to do.’ And so that's when they put the implant in and then did a veneer on the tooth next to it so it would match. So I'm very pleased with how they handled it. The reason I wanted to get it taken care of is the older you get, the worse your body reacts to trauma. So I'm healthy, my bones are good. Let's go ahead and get the implant in before, before I can't do it. So I wanted it to take hold earlier on, so that's why I went and did it. They basically matched what my smile looked like before. It might be a little lighter than it was before, but it's basically the same teeth. You can't tell the difference. It looks exactly the same as it did three years ago, before I had the implant.
- Enjoy a beautiful smile again
- Eat the foods you’ve been missing out on
- Talk more plainly so you can be understood
- Improve your oral and total body health
Call us today if your smile needs restoring: 913-251-9683 . We’re located at 8615 Rosehill Road, Suite 101 – just off West 87th Street Parkway.
Improve Your Oral Health & Function With Our Help
Pierce & Knight Family Dentistry has treated our patients to outstanding dental care since 1975. Over that time, we’ve developed a long list of patients who love our high standard of care. We take pride in helping our patients smile a little easier. Plus, here you can relax with dental sedation along with painless, syringe-free anesthesia using The Wand®.
We offer several types of restorative dentistry that can make your smile better than ever:
- Tooth-Colored Fillings – Our composite resin fillings will blend in naturally with your other teeth since they don’t contain any metal. They will stop tooth decay and last for many years with no special care.
- Dental Crowns and Bridges – Using digital impressions, we can fit you with a crown or bridge to repair your damaged smile. You’ll have more confidence and be able to enjoy your favorite foods again.
- Dentures – Talk to us to find out all your dentures options. We offer full and partial conventional dentures as well as implant-secured dentures that won’t move or pop out.
- Dental Implant Restorations – We can secure a variety of dental restorations after an oral surgeon has placed your implants. Your options for teeth replacement could include implant crowns, bridges, or dentures.
- Root Canal Therapy – In most cases, this beneficial treatment will save your diseased tooth from extraction. It will also stop your toothache and help you feel better.
Come to Pierce & Knight Family Dentistry for Lenexa restorative dentistry that will make you smile again. Call us today at 913-251-9683 to schedule your consultation, or . Second opinions are always free!