Braces can give you straight teeth – but not without some downsides. With their metal brackets and wires, they stick out like a sore thumb in your smile. That might make you so self-conscious you find yourself smiling less. We don’t want you to feel self-conscious about your smile! Ask us about clear aligners, an orthodontic alternative to braces.
To see if you’re a candidate for orthodontic aligners, call Pierce & Knight Family Dentistry at 913-251-9683 today to schedule a consultation. In the meantime, check out some of the reasons our patients love their aligners. Compared to braces, they:
- Work More Quickly – Conventional braces can take up to three years to do their work. In contrast, most adults complete their treatment with clear aligners within 12 months.
- Blend Beautifully Into Your Smile – Since they’re made of clear plastic, aligners are practically invisible in your smile. They are so discreet, chances are many people won’t even notice them!
- Make Meals More Enjoyable – Many kinds of food can get stuck in braces – and when they do, they are often tough to remove. Some folks just skip them to avoid the hassle. You’ll remove aligners for your meals, which enables you to eat anything you want without a second thought.
- Feel Comfortable in Your Mouth – Unlike braces, which can cause sore spots when they rub against your mouth, clear aligners are much more comfortable.
- Keep Oral Hygiene Uncomplicated – Brushing and flossing won’t be a chore with aligners, because you simply take them out when it’s time for oral hygiene.
At Pierce & Knight Family Dentistry, you have a choice of two kinds of aligners: Invisalign or ClearCorrect. To see which one is right for you, call us at 913-251-9683 to make an appointment in our Lenexa, KS office.